A new, improved MayneNews submission form is here!

I'm happy to announce that I've just finished creating a new submission form, for those who want to promote their community events on Mayne Island. The old one, using a Google Docs form, was serviceable but sometimes difficult for people to use. This new one should be much easier for people to use to submit their event announcements to MayneNews.

I'm using an online form creation service called Wufoo, that makes it pretty easy to make and tweak online web forms. They offer a free account with some limitations that I'm taking advantage of.

I think their service is pretty slick and it reminds me a lot of the simplicity of MailChimp, which I've been using for a couple of years to generate, manage and send the MayneNews emails. MailChimp also offers a great free option for small scale and non-profit users like MayneNews.

I think the result looks quite nice and in my testing so far appear to work really well. Click here to see a pop-up version of the form. If that doesn't work, just click the radio tower to right of this post, where it says "Send your announcement using MayneNews" and you'll get a new web page showing the form.

Take a look at the form and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment