Grief and the Holidays - Wed Dec 1

Mental Health on Mayne Committee presents

Coping with The Holiday Season

Christmas, like so many special occasions can produce many anxious and painful feelings for grieving people.  Many have little energy to do any activity and wonder how they will get through.  On December 1st, at 1pm, come to the Agricultural Hall for a short talk on grief, loss and practical tips for managing the holidays.  Come to share your thoughts and questions with others who are grieving or wanting to help those in grief.

Presenter: Margaret Fletcher, RCC. Margaret is a Registered Clinical Counsellor on staff at Delta Hospice Society and is part of the Community Palliative Consultation Team with Fraser Health Authority in the Delta Community.  She also has had a family cabin on Mayne since 1960.

Wednesday December 1st
1- 3 pm
Agricultural Hall

Admission by donation

For further information contact: jessica.easton@me.com - (250) 539-2123

Sponsored by Mayne Island Health Centre Association MIHCA

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an excellent topic for discussion. It may be the season to be jolly, but what if you're not jolly? When my mother died, I went through Christmas in a fog of grief. To this day I can't remember the details, not where we had dinner, who came from out of town, what we did about gifts. That part of it was so unimportant compared to the fierce pain of my loss. I'm glad I had understanding friends.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete