The paintings of Mayne Island's Glenn Payan

I was walking down Granville Street one day recently enjoying the art in the gallery windows when I was surprised to see a gorgeous depiction of the Georgina Point Lightstation, that all of us Mayne Islanders know so well, that stopped me in my tracks. I was able to find the artist via Google and was pleased to see a great selection of Glenn Payan's wonderful paintings on a few web sites.

I contacted Glenn and found that he has a home on Mayne and is a part time Mayne Island resident. I think his work is quite beautiful. I love the simplicity of the forms and the intense, vibrant colour.

Glenn is represented by the Ian Tan Gallery (LINK) in Vancouver and the Canada House Gallery (LINK) in Banff. You can also see some of Glenn's painting on his Flickr page (LINK) and glennpayan.com.

If you'd like to see one of his paintings in person he has an original for sale at the Gulfport Realty office.

1 comment: